El-rufai becomes 2nd governor to contract coronavirus
Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, has contracted COVID-19, the novel coronavirus.
El-rufai announced his status via a video he uploaded on his social media handles on Saturday.
His result makes him the second governor to test positive for the virus in Nigeria, after Bala Mohammed, his Bauchi counterpart.
El-Rufai said he took the test earlier in the week and has gone into self-isolation after his results came out positive.
The governor added that he is asymptomatic.
He urged residents of the state to adhere to the preventive measures stipulated by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
He further announced that Hadiza Balaraba, his deputy, will chair the state’s coronavirus task force.
“Earlier this week, I submitted a sample for the Covid-19 test. The result came in this evening, and I regret to say that it is positive,” el-Rufai said.
“According to the protocols for managing Covid-19, I am in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the NCDC for a someone that is no showing symptoms.
“I wish to appeal to the people of Kaduna State to continue to closely observe the preventive measures already announced.
“It is most important that everybody should do their utmost to stay safe, stay home and stay alive.
“The Deputy Governor is chairing our Covid-19 Taskforce and will continue to issue statements from time to time.”
Over 80 people have tested positive for the virus in Nigeria, and the nation has recorded one death.
Add 0802 030 1137 to receive SKYTREND NEWS alerts on whatsApp;
For adverts enquiries, call or whatsapp 0802 030 1137,
Send Articles & News Stories To email@example.com.
READ ALSO! Is N-Power Truly Empowering Nigerian Youths?