JUST IN: 65-Year-Old Ondo State University Lecturer Dies In House Fire
A Nigerian university lecturer has reportedly died after a fire outbreak occurred at his home in Ondo.
The Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa, says one of its lecturers, Prof. Adegboyega Obadofin, has died in a fire incident at his residence, the News of Agency of Nigeria report.
The Vice-Chancellor of OSUSTECH, Prof. Sunday Ogunduyile, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Okitipupa that the university authorities had reported the matter to the Police to ascertain the cause of the fire.
Ogunduyile said that the fire was said to have occurred about 1:0 AM on Tuesday at the deceased’s residence in Ayeka area of Okitipupa.
He said that neighbours confirmed to him that there was no public power supply, nor was the late professor’s generator working when the incident occurred.
The vice chancellor said that Obadofin, 65, was the Acting Dean, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences at the university.
“I was in great shock when I visited the late don’s home.
“His death is a great loss, not just to his faculty, but to the entire institution at large.
“The management, lecturers, students, workers and everyone will greatly miss him,” Ogunduyile said.
He described the deceased, whose family resides in Lagos, as a friendly person, a gentleman and a hardworking person whose vacuum will be difficult to fill.
Ogunduyile also prayed for the repose of Obadofin’s soul and that God gives the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
NAN reports that Obadofin’s body has been deposited at the State Specialist Hospital morgue in Okitipupa.
Contact Editor using firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct 0808 360 9209.